Purpose of this role is management of the technical delivery of a given audio visual installation, predominantly at the Royal Lancaster London and the Landmark London hotels, but also at worldwide events as required.
- Managing the technical elements of a job from the point of quotation up until the point of delivery.
- Management and briefing of the on-site technical team to ensure that the delivery of the job is both efficient and technically sound.
- Stepping in as an operator on-site during major productions and events where necessary.
- Installing/de-rigging equipment to the highest level as per procedures.
- When acting as the technical lead, ensuring all equipment is checked and signed for by the client on delivery/installation and collection.
- Liaising with clients both in advance of and during an event to ensure that the client always receives sound technical advice.
- Providing on the spot diagnosis and rectification of technical issues as and when they occur.
- Maintaining a commercial awareness of a given job to ensure that the equipment recommended is consistent with the budgets allocated.
- Follow safe working practices and maintain Health & Safety standards, ensuring that equipment is installed within the provision of health & safety and that Health and Safety briefings are held.
- Contributing to post-event review meetings to discuss any operational or technical issues.
- Liaising with the warehouse regarding prep schedules for each event and overseeing the kit loading process where specific attention is required.
- Undertaking client demonstrations or in-house test set ups, ensuring that warehouse procedures are respected, and any demonstrations set up are appropriately dismantled and tidied away.
- Reporting any damaged kit or shortages of spares and consumables to the project manager / account manager in charge of the job.
- On occasions when driving company vehicles, completing daily vehicle checklists.
- Supporting more junior members of the team.
- Always acting as an advocate for and in the best interests of our clients, This includes engaging with our clients where appropriate, helping to grow the accounts that we already have and win new business in the marketplace.
- Strong knowledge of audio, video, networking and lighting techniques is essential.
- Demonstrated technical/electronics training and/or experience is required.
- Must have good troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Strong commercial awareness / budgetary skills with the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of company business and the ability to effectively balance cost, quality and ensure profitability.
- Display a positive leadership style to motivate and gain commitment from others.
- Influencing skills - the ability to command respect, engage and influence others
- Must be able to take directions as well as multitask in a fast-paced environment without supervision.
- Must have a positive attitude, be team-orientated and have great customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels clearly, concisely and accurately using the most appropriate methods, often under deadline pressure.