IT Technical Support Engineer required for a 3 month interim assignment in Knaresborough. Up to £40K (pro rata) + benefits. Immediate start available. Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m. - 5.15 p.m.
Our client is a global supplier of environment improvements products, employing over 800 staff across 18 sites.
Technical Support Engineer Responsibilites:
- Primary IT liaison for the Knaresborough site for their outsourced IT providers, taking instruction from the providers and internal IT and also suggesting improvements to the services from a user perspective.
- Relay any key messages between IT and the site, working with users to ensure directives given by IT are actioned.
- Maintain and update documentation relevant to the site.
- Maintain the IT asset management of the site.
- Deliver a professional response to incidents and tasks, providing timely and accurate updates to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems both as part of a team and individually.
- Execute and deliver on tasks as required by the Group IT Manager for project based work.
- Onsite repairs and hardware changes
- Following and implementing Group IT policies
Technical Support Engineer candidate requirements:
- Customer service mentality
- Ability to interpret user requirements and act on them
- Hands on approach to problem solving
- Solid understanding of networking and Windows computers to be able to independently solve problems (will be supported by 3rd party but need to be independent also)
- Ability to configure PC's and Mobile phones to a basic state
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of basic AV (Audio Visual) setups
- IT certificates related to networking and general IT support or relevant working experience.
Nice to have;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft 365 admin suite
- Working knowledge of backup and security principles
This is an interesting opportunity to join a friendly, professional team on a 3 month assignment.