Technical Support Engineer
£25,000 - £40,000 (Depending on experience)
My client is a leading international provider of advanced Telecommunications solutions for majority business critical networks. Established over 30 years ago, they are experts within their field and they are now seeking an Technical Support Engineer to join the team.
We are looking for a positive, hardworking candidate who is willing to learn and keep on top of modern communication technologies as the telecommunication industry evolves. The company has a reputation for integrity and strong technical capability, the applicant will need to be a team player who can contribute ideas and apply good fault resolution methodology in an open environment.
Key Technical Skills
- Specialist knowledge in PDH/SDH
- Familiar with a range of test equipment such as optical power meters & light sources, BERT s, cellular scanners and multi-meters.
- Able to conduct testing and produce full comprehensive test documentation / reports
- Experienced in fault finding methodology
- The ability to manage fault tickets process from beginning to end
- Ability to administer and run small turn key projects
- Experience with remote management platforms
Key Supporting Skills:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, internally and externally
- Comfortable engaging with both customers and suppliers on technical and project related matters
- Experience using Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of team or autonomously using their own initiative.
- The ability to train other members of the team and customers.
- Ability to transfer existing skills to the Cherry & White environment, technically, process wise and by experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to given deadlines
For immediate consideration, please send your CV to Recruitment today.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.