Cranleigh STEM is working with an innovative organisation that designs, develops, and manufactures speciality OES spectrometers for various industry sectors.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join its team in West Sussex on a permanent, full-time basis.
As a technical support specialist, you will provide troubleshooting and support to hardware, software, and application questions to customers.
To be considered for this opportunity you will hold a degree qualification in Engineering, Science or Physics, and possess experience working with analytical instrumentation (OES, HH-XRF, HH-LIBS).
- Provide technical and service support for all products.
- Record and manage customer inquiries on technical and quality issues.
- Provide support to global Service Engineers during installations, repairs, and maintenance.
- Create, distribute, and update service and technical notes, training documentation, and maintenance plans.
- Track product-related issues and escalate quality issues when needed.
- Document, track and support the solutions for software problems that are reported.
- Provide training to Global Distributors, Service Engineers, and customers including the creation, preparation and updating of training materials.
- Travel within the UK to perform installations and training for customers, maintenance, and service support.
- Perform both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, service, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, support, troubleshooting, and training on products at customer sites promptly.
- Maintain the company's CRM database (HubSpot) with accurate and up-to-date service and technical support information.
- Ideally possess hands-on service or maintenance experience & and repair/service of analytical instrumentation.
- Competency and high-level understanding of metallurgy or physics.
- Good time management.
- Possess the ability to manage the scheduling of annual servicing of current customers.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
Salary: 30,000 - 35,000
Benefits: Private health insurance, 25 days holiday + banks, Pension plan, Company laptop, Company phone.
Role: Full-time, permanent
Location: Crawley, West Sussex