Vacancy - Technical Support Advisor - East Lancashire
Basic - 32k - 35k DOE
Mon - Fri - 8.30am - 5.00pm (37.5 hour working week)
Our client is a leading European manufacturer of multi-brand vehicle diagnostic, air-conditioning, and gas analysis systems that provide an aftersales support service to our distributors and end-users with technical support, training, and service and repair.
We are seeking to recruit a Technical Support Advisor to work within our client's technical support team to continue to improve our aftersales support service.
This position is office-based at their UK branch in East Lancashire and would suit an experienced Vehicle Technician that is looking for a change of direction in their work life and to come off the tools.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Answer incoming calls to their helpline providing a high level of support for technicians.
- Create technical bulletins to enhance our software database and assist in the verification of translated bulletins created by other branches.
- Contact newly subscribed customers to ensure they have an understanding of the services available.
- Contact customers who have recently cancelled their subscriptions in an attempt to understand why and potentially get them to re-subscribe.
- Assist the Aftersales Department with technical issues and resolutions, and other internal staff with technical vehicle and product knowledge and understanding.
- Completion of any other duties within skill set as requested by the department manager.
Successful candidates for this job require the following:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working within a vehicle repair and maintenance environment.
- Experience in one of the following areas: car/light commercial, heavy goods vehicles, coach and bus, or agricultural/construction.
- Strong PC software and hardware knowledge.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Displays an ability and keenness to learn new methods and adapt quickly to changing situations.
All necessary training will be provided on our bespoke software systems to ensure you are fully conversant with all requirements.
- 30 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
This is a genuinely superb opportunity to join a rapidly expanding cash rich international company that is on up and going places.
Please apply with an up to date CV and we will be in touch to discuss your application further with a view to setting up an interview.
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment have been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships. If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you'll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Key positons; Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Service Advisor, Parts Advisor, Technician, Mechanic, Master Technician, Workshop Controller, Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Dealer Principal, General Manager.