CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Services Manager to join the team in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership, management, and development of the engineering team on site and ensure operational and compliance standards are met and exceeded.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leadership in the technical aspects of service delivery and empowering the engineering team to deliver a market leading standard of Mechanical and Electrical maintenance engineering
- To develop and oversee delivery of HV/LV maintenance and emergency recovery strategies.
- To support the site team(s) and client in the technical review of proposed works against industry best practice and site standards.
- Provide support to the UK portfolio to cover Safe System of working
- To act as the subject matter expert and author of site specific SOPs and EOPs
- Provide technical support, contract support as directed by Global Technical Director
- Responsible for monitoring compliance against CBRE Mechanical and Electrical Safety Rules.
- Ensure that Engineering Risks are identified, logged, reviewed, and mitigated in a consistent manner.
- Ensure areas of individual and team development are recognised and incorporated into a suitable action plan.
- Provide technical support, including peer review, advice, guidance and incident investigation to the contract delivery team and client team. This includes but is not limited to:
- Review of Additional Works Proposals
- Approval of SOP/EOP's
- Review and produce switching schedules were required
- Maintain the Contract Authorised Persons register against the contract requirements
- Site point of control for internal training program including the management of site-based apprentice(s)
- Management of the maintenance programme for HV and LV assets including:
- HV and LV Shutdown activities
- Reviewing and proposing updates to the programme in accordance with legislative requirements and building operational needs.
- Sample audit of planned maintenance tasks undertaken by the onsite engineering team.
- Plan and oversee works to integrate occupier systems to Landlords installations (i.e. Tap-off installations and Mechanical Connections)
- Undertake audits of the on-site team to ensure compliance with CBRE and site standards.
- Work towards and achieve Authorised Engineer (AE) status
- Have in depth knowledge of all UKI sites and be able to undertake Engineering Manager duties as and when requested.
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
- Recognised apprenticeship, BTEC HNC/HND within Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equivalent discipline or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment
- Recognised Health & Safety qualification. i.e. IOSH / NEBOSH
- A strong and committed team player capable of prioritising and solving problems often under pressure, utilising innovative solutions. Must be well organised with good task management skills, who can communicate effectively (written & verbal) and be able to operate independently
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong administrative skills
- Well organised and good prioritisation and planning skills
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Knowledge and awareness of the facilities management industry
- Thorough knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and Statutory Compliance and Governance requirements
- A minimum of five years post training experience, three years of which in maintaining critical engineering environments.
- Proven experience and involvement in business-critical engineering systems
- Worked within a client contract environment requiring specific KPI performance measures
- Practical experience in working with supply partners to deliver a seamless, integrated service
- Experience of managing sites remotely through effective vendor management
- Customer services experience and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Knowledge of financial planning processes
- Have a positive and proactive approach to work, able to work upon their own initiative and as part of a large account team
- Must be a team player who leads by example, committed to working in a quality and professional environment. Expected to take an active role in supporting other members of the account team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales
- Role model CBRE RISE values
As one of CBRE's core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking in 2020. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CBRE." Application Process: Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role. Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role. No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.