Technical Services Coordinator, Fashion & Textiles
Founded in 1837, the Royal College of Art is the world s largest community of postgraduate art and design students. It is also the oldest art and design university in continuous operation and has been ranked as the world's number one art and design university for a remarkable nine consecutive years, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023 the worldwide survey of academic and industry opinion.
Join our team as a Technical Services Coordinator in Fashion and Textiles!
Are you passionate about coordinating technical excellence within the world of Fashion and Textiles? The Royal College of Art is seeking a dynamic individual to spearhead our technical operations across three vibrant sites.
As the Technical Services Coordinator, you'll be at the helm of coordinating and managing our Fashion and Textiles facilities. Your primary responsibility will be overseeing a talented technical team while ensuring seamless support for academic endeavours, research, and innovation within the College.
- Leadership: Lead and motivate technical teams, allocate tasks effectively, and provide guidance to ensure exceptional performance and support.
- Objective Management: Establish and drive team objectives, providing necessary support and resolving queries or issues as they arise.
- Resource Management: Manage technical resources, operational budgets, and supplier relationships to maintain optimal facility functionality.
- Project Management: Plan and deliver large projects such as the relocation of the Textile workshop, considering all Health and Safety, COSHH and academics needs are met
- Operational Oversight: Coordinate day-to-day operations, from equipment installations to maintenance, ensuring a conducive environment for learning and research.
- Policy Definition: Represent technical support matters at College committees, contributing to policy development and resource allocation.
- Performance Monitoring: Set and monitor performance standards, contributing to long-term planning for continuous improvement.
- Innovation Integration: Stay updated on emerging technologies, evaluating and implementing innovative solutions in technical endeavours.
- Safety and Compliance: Uphold health and safety standards, providing guidance on risk assessments and maintaining a safe working environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience in technical management within the Fashion and Textiles domain
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Proficiency in resource allocation, budget management, and supplier coordination
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities
Why Join Us:
- Pioneering Environment: Collaborate within a cutting-edge educational institution renowned for innovation.
- Career Growth: Explore opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Impactful Role: Make a significant impact by fostering technical excellence in Fashion and Textiles education and research.
If you're ready to take on this exciting challenge and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Fashion and Textiles, apply now to join our team at The Royal College of Art!
This role will close for applications at 11.59pm on 3rd March 2024
The Royal College of Art (RCA) aims to foster an inclusive culture which promotes equality, values diversity and maintains a working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its staff and students and stakeholders are respected.
Click apply now and you will be redirected to our website to submit/complete your application.