Technical Sales Representative
Our clients technology allows for precise measurement of geometric and shaft alignment applications for angular and offset positions, with high resolution.
An international business, they are growing and we are looking to add a new member to their UK Sales Team. Accordingly, they require an experienced mechanical engineering candidate
Besides having a strong mechanical engineering background, the successful candidate will need to be able to develop their sales skills to:-
- Book appointments and meet with customers managers, engineers and maintenance staff.
- Deliver technical presentations that explain products to prospects.
- Assess equipment needs and determine system requirements.
- Offer after-sales support.
- Explain to customers how improvements will reduce costs or increase production.
- Regularly review sales process improvements.
- Assist in researching and developing new prospects.
The purpose of the role is to plan and implement sales activities within the spread of our existing and potential customer base, to deliver consistent revenue growth. The individual will be required to travel a large percentage of their time, to ensure delivery of sales targets.
- Promote company products in the region.
- Expand new opportunities within the region and deliver growth.
- Maintain the pipeline management process and forecasting methodology.
- Develop a sales campaign (demand generation) to drive growth.
- Problem solve where required, to the company s deliver solution based sales philosophy.
- Deliver growth for identified strategic accounts.
- Disseminate information about new products to the marketplace.
- Plan targeted campaigns to maximise awareness and development.
- Lead the development of sales growth within the region.
- Review ongoing sales opportunities and establish methods to better close opportunities.
- Visit customers within region to gain an understanding of the customers/markets.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to build partnerships at various levels with colleagues and end users.
- Achievement of sales targets and provide monthly forecast reports.
- Apprentice level education desirable with minimum 3+ years in related discipline.
- Good communicator and excellent organisational skills.
- Travel >60%.
£25,000 basic + OTE
Expected earning (OTE) £42,720
Company vehicle for business travel
Company Workplace pension
Excellent progression potential
Normal working hours - 9-5pm - Monday to Friday
Forward Assist Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Forward Assist Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.