MS462 - Technical Sales Manager
Location: North West - Manchester, Leeds & Preston area
Salary: £40,000 basic, OTE £45,000 to £50,000+ per annum
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Technical Sales Manager on behalf of a Client. This is a key role, reporting to the National Sales Manager, responsible for maximising sales through service contracts and capital sales. This role is suitable for a candidate with extensive sales experience within the air compressor industry, quoting and selling capital equipment and service contracts.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the relationship with assigned regional accounts at site level.
- Expand the number of active customers within defined customers sectors.
- Increase both sales and profits from the agreed customer base.
- To work collaboratively, proactively with other commercial and operational departments.
- Lead the sourcing, identification and validation of opportunities to be fed into the organisation.
- Deliver tender and bid submissions that are technically compliant and commercially viable.
- Provide guidance regarding the impact of project cash flows, pipeline and general reporting.
- Ensure that all quotes and sales are managed within the company policies and processes.
- Carry out site surveys as required to support the quotation and sale of service contracts.
- Manage the customer relationship from an account perspective ensuring that regular meaningful contact is maintained.
- Specifying compressed air equipment and prepare cutting lists as necessary.
- Produce quotations for customers as required and ensure they are despatched within the agreed timescale.
- Meet the income and plans for the assigned accounts.
- Liaise with the internal sales team in particular contract administration.
- Update AX system with quote information on a daily basis, ensuring all customer contact is recorded.
- Produce reports, customer correspondence and feedback as required on a regular monthly basis.
- Manage handover process of new accounts to Contract Administration Team.
- Undertake risk assessment and take any necessary action to avoid potential health and safety hazards.
- Assist with the conclusion of bids and commercial terms and conditions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full Driving Licence Endorsements will be verified.
- Hold a Degree (pref Engineering / DipCam or business based).
- 5 plus Sales Experience within the compressed air industry, quoting and selling capital equipment and service contracts.
- Experience of leading sales negotiations.
- Experience using Microsoft - including outlook and general IT.
- Aptitude for learning.
- Compressor/HVAC/Pump Knowledge.
- Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of the compressed air industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced market and a company that specialises in solution sales.