Stirling Dynamics is seeking a Technical Sales Manager to support our Cockpit Controls and eVTOL business units.
With annual revenue in excess of 15m and ambitious plans for growth, we are looking to recruit a Technical Sales Manager with experience in the aerospace sector to support our products and services business development activities in both our established and emerging markets worldwide. The successful candidate will have demonstrable, positive and proactive business development skills and sales experience; enabling them to identify client needs in advance of the formal tendering process, develop sales campaigns, and support the construction of compelling proposals.
Applicants must have a strong business development background and an enterprising mind-set. It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have an existing network of contacts within the aerospace domain and use these to support Stirling's rapidly growing business.
Stirling have a geographically diverse Customer base and as such the candidate will be located with easy access to a major transport hub. A focus of this role will be growing our business in the US and multiple overseas trips are expected per year to visit Customers, support critical business meetings and to represent Stirling at events and exhibitions.
The Technical Sales Manager will work within and contribute to a project-oriented matrix organisation comprising of cross-functional teams made up of business managers, marketing professionals, project managers and engineers allocated to specific bids and projects.
- Through new and ongoing relationship building, keeping abreast of current trends within the general aerospace and eVTOL markets, including new aircraft development, aircraft modifications, aircraft systems and disruptive aerospace technologies.
- Responsibility for lead generation and capture planning.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for Stirling Dynamics and driving new opportunities to closure
- Influencing and networking with current and prospective clients to build relationships at all levels, and to identify business needs to address
- Working as part of a wider team, supporting Business Unit initiatives and strategic plans
- Identifying new ways to engage with the client and proposing innovative solutions
- Meeting requirements for client engagement, CRM data entry and quality, activity reporting
- Creation of sales presentation material as well as contributing to new service introduction initiatives.
- Winning sales orders to support ambitious growth plans and growing / managing an effective pipeline of business opportunities.
- Supporting the promotion of the Stirling Dynamics brand by attending and/or exhibiting at key industry events (nationally and internationally).
- Support the solution creation and proposal writing.