Join a dynamic and growing company with a dedicated field-based sales team, an in-house calibration technician, with strong reputation in the industry. A well-established company specializing in testing and elemental analysis equipment and products is seeking a Sales Engineer/Territory Manager to join their team. The company serves a diverse range of markets, including scientific, technical, and manufacturing sectors.
This role offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in technical sales in various growing markets, with comprehensive training provided by equipment suppliers and experienced sales professionals.
Location: The sales territory for this position covers Scotland, and the ideal candidate would be central belt,Scotland.
They are currently looking for a Sales Engineer/Territory Manager, with a primary focus on business development. The successful candidate should possess a strong track record in sales and be ready to acquire in-depth technical knowledge of the applications and products. While prior knowledge or experience in A level Chemistry is a plus, the key requirement is a strong business-oriented mindset, the ability to identify opportunities, and close deals.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of testing product ranges
- Providing business support and management for existing Scottish customers.
- Independently managing workload, calendar, and customer relationships.
- Efficiently traveling to customer sites and prospects in Scotland.
- Collaborating with a team of Sales Engineers based in England to drive business growth.
- Collaborating with Service Engineers to expand the market and identify growth opportunities.
- Utilising sales history data to uncover potential sales opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities for cross-selling and increasing product sales.
- Proactively expanding the customer base in Scotland.
- Identifying opportunities for colleagues with specialist equipment nationwide.
- Supporting customers throughout the UK as needed.
- Using CRM/ERP platform data to meet and exceed key performance metrics for each product range.
- Creating and developing a focused prospecting plan for new customer acquisition.
- Developing a targeted approach to sales with the aim of achieving year-on-year growth.
- Applying market and technical knowledge to provide effective solutions to customers.
- Reporting to the Operations Director.
Requirements: The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Previous sales experience in a technical role (preferred but not essential).
- A minimum of 2-3 years of work experience.
- Ability to assess technical issues and offer solution-driven approaches.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Minimum A level chemistry knowledge, experience, or willingness to learn.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Proficiency in computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office, and familiarity with CRM/ERP systems.
- Package: 45k + Commission structure available after 6 months, with targets based on experience and set as achievable.
- Standard 5-day workweek, totaling 39 hours per week.
- Company-provided benefits including a credit card for business expenses, mobile phone, laptop, company car, or car allowance with a mileage package.
- Company pension contribution.
- Annual leave of 21 working days per annum, with an additional day for every 2 years of service, up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Office based with site visits
To apply, click on the apply button below, contact Kate Fox , or call the Mercury Hampton office directly on (phone number removed) . We aim to respond to all successful applicants within two working days.