Technical Sales Engineer - Optical / Woking / To £45k
Are you an accomplished Technical Sales Engineer seeking a new challenge? An exceptional opportunity has arisen with a prestigious company based near to Woking, Surrey. This role plays a pivotal part in the team, collaborating closely with Design, Quality, and Marketing Departments. The company, recognized for excellence in manufacturing and technology, focuses on developing markets for innovative next generation optical systems.
As a Technical Sales Engineer within the team, you will contribute not only to technical aspects but also directly to sales and business development, providing significant customer-facing opportunities in the UK and overseas. Reporting to the VP, this role promises a dynamic and empowering work environment.
Location / Hours
This is a full-time, permanent position near Woking, with a standard working week of 40 hours (Monday to Friday 08:00 am to 4.30 pm with a 30-minute lunch break), with flexibility along with the companies' core working hours policy. Overseas travel is required, with 6 - 10 trips a year on average.
- Previous experience within Applications Engineering / Pre-Sales Engineering or Software Engineering
- Level of Understanding of digital imaging / camera optics
- Experience with issues tracking/planning tools (such as JIRA, Trello etc) would be beneficial
- Hands on approach to testing/configuring hardware and software
- Customer facing experience in either technical support / technical sales
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working within a medical environment and viewing surgical procedures
Salary & Benefits
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will earn a competitive salary up to £45k (depending on experience) plus benefits including;
- Additional production bonus, paid monthly equating to roughly 3% - 4% of basic salary)
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- BUPA private medical insurance with minimal contributions (after 6 months service)
- 24 days holiday + BH
- Sick Pay (subject to 6 months service)
- Life insurance equivalent to 2 years basic salary (after 6 months service)
Application Process: We aim to respond to all applicants within 5 working days. If you don't receive a response within this period, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Syntech Recruitment Limited: We act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.