Do you enjoy providing technical guidance? Are you good at building relationships? Are you skilled in problem solving and finding solutions to customer issues using best-in-class products? Do you want to become a valued member of a very friendly and supportive team, where you will be treated and respected as an individual whose contribution to the growth of our organisation is welcomed and valued?
We have a very strong product offering and need someone, based in our new offices in Sutton-in-Ashfield, to provide technical support to our sales team, customers and sub-contractors. You will probably have experience in mechanical engineering, project engineering, process improvement or manufacturing design. If you have knowledge of powder processing, particularly hygienic production sites, so much the better, but full training will be provided.
ProSpare is a well-established, family-owned company providing expertise and selling excellent products to many blue chip powder processing organisations across a wide variety of industries. We apply our Make it better approach to help our customers achieve improved productivity, safety, sustainability and product quality. ProSpare is the UK distributor for the BFM fitting, the world s first snap-in flexible connector.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in a pivotal role in a small but successful team, where you will receive in-depth training and be influential in the further growth of our organisation. Take a look below and if we re describing you, we d love to hear from you!
- Provide comprehensive technical support to the BFM department, liaising with BFM New Zealand as required.
- Assist the department s Process Improvement Engineers with technical input, site visits and project work.
- Work with the Business Development Co-ordinator to develop and maintain an electronic library of technical resources. Train other team members in the use of these resources.
- Make the General Manager aware of all product developments and new product ranges.
- Provide engineering guidelines and recommendations to sub-contractors installing BFM products at customer sites.
- Deal with customers technical queries, providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with current and potential customers.
- Follow up with new customers or new equipment installations.
- Monitor LinkedIn accounts, grow networks and post appropriate content as advised by Marketing/General Manager.
- Support the day-to-day running of the office, including administration tasks, when required.
- Mechanical engineering, project engineering, process improvement or manufacturing design experience.
- Able to read and understand technical information, including drawings.
- Confident to deliver product training.
- Thinks commercially. Can identify opportunities to develop existing product ranges or introduce new ones.
- Analytical. Good at problem solving. Process oriented.
- Highly organised, methodical and accurate with meticulous attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- High level of literacy and numeracy, with strong IT skills (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint). Can create a wide variety of high-quality documentation.
- Great communicator at all levels.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a strong work ethic
- Experience of powder processing in manufacturing desirable.
- Experience of sales and/or business development desirable.
- Holds a current, valid, full licence permitting driving in the UK (no more than 3 penalty points).
Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
24 days holiday plus public holidays.
Discretionary bonus scheme.
If you have the required skills and qualities we re looking for in our new Technical Sales Adviser, please apply now.