Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Employment Type: Permanent
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Health cover (on completion of probation period)
- Training & Personal development
- Opportunities for career progression
This Technical Project Manager role will require someone with solid Public Address Voice Alarm knowledge, good communication skills and technical project delivery experience. The ideal candidate would also experience of Linux OS environment. Excellent planning skills are also required for this role.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience of managing projects of £250K and above and ideally within Telecoms and Infrastructure environments.
Reporting to the Head of Projects Engineering, the Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the management of projects, ensuring successful delivery and that all customers see us as a business of excellence and one they wish to continue to work with.
The role will encompass designing with diverse portfolio of products including control systems (Linux OS), public address voice alarm, IP speakers, intercom, networking, and defining interfaces with third party products. Our typical project delivery includes managing the design, development, implementation, testing, deployment together with site commissioning.
- Reporting project performance, highlighting and managing all risks & issues and their mitigations throughout the project life cycle.
- Specifying and / or designing solutions using a combination of standard products with custom designed control interfaces where required
- Producing and managing Project Management documentation (e.g. Project Programme / Schedule, Project Execution Plan, etc. )
- Production of Project deliverable documentation (e.g. Inspection and Test Plan (ITP), Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), etc.
- Managing budgets, project risks, issues, project scope and project change control.
- Providing support to Business Development and Product Managers for Tenders
- Work with customer, colleagues and stakeholders to resolve technical and logistical problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety and Contractual obligations are met
- Third Party interface Management. Experienced in managing multiple concurrent Third-Party vendors with complex interdependencies
- Always ensuring we adopt a full ownership end-to-end culture
- Specifying Public Address, Voice Alarm, Passenger Help Point and Intercom solutions using a range of standard products, designing custom interfaces where needed
- Using modelling tools to predict system performance including power consumption
- Systems development and integration using Linux OS
- Reviewing and extracting design information from CAD drawings. Managing the production of internal CAD drawings and schematics
- Identification and managing technical risks within a project environment
- Working independently with minimal guidance
- Managing project budgets and forecasts
- Strong and proven ability to work under pressure
- Good client facing skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Managing and co-ordinating complex projects with multiple suppliers including on-site activities
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Recognised as an expert within own area
Education & Qualifications
The candidate will hold a degree in a relevant subject such as Engineering / Computer Science / Mathematics or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience. Possession of a Project Management qualification such as PRINCE2 or APM would be desirable. Training will be provided on our product range.
TPA are a specialist recruitment agency recruiting on behalf of our client