Technical Project Manager - Infrastructure £40k-£60k + benefits Bedfordshire
A brand-new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Project Manager to join a well-established engineering R&D company based in Bedfordshire. The company is focussing on developing brand-new disruptive technology to help revolutionise high precision engineering industries such as Aerospace, Space, Defence, Automotive and more!
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager who can lead the successful delivery of business improvement and infrastructure development projects in close cooperation with the Project Technical Managers.
This would suit an experienced Project Manager with experience implementing standards and projects on an industrial site. Be it, overseeing and identifying sub-contractors, looking after heavy equipment etc. The ideal candidate would have experience managing projects within an already operating site i.e. factory set-up and development, power stations, building controls, hydraulics, compressors, motors, cooling systems and the like.
The Technical Project Manager will play an integral part in the development of their world leading capabilities to meet challenges posed by a very large high-profile international customer base! Whilst reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Technical Project Manager must have an excellent track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously, within demanding constraints in a project based technical environment. Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate will need to satisfy security clearance requirements British passport including continual UK residency for the last 5 years.
The Technical Project Manager must have the following skills and experience:
- University honours degree or equivalent and experience in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline.
- Familiarity with air compressors, hydraulics, high voltage electrics, cooling systems, motors, building control systems etc. would be ideal.
- Project management qualification or ability to demonstrate experience of project management methodologies and tools.
- Recent and relevant experience leading multiple high-tech projects for international clients.
- Proven experience of project leadership, including clear communications with all stakeholders.
- Understanding of the regulatory framework applying to the delivery of infrastructure projects would be an advantage.
- Ability to capture and manage project requirements, prepare a work breakdown structure, project plan, and resource estimate.
- Proven experience preparing project justification and supporting documentation including pricing estimate(s) and risk and opportunity register(s).
- Used to working under pressure and competent in making critical decisions promptly.
- Flexible - occasional travel and out of hours working may be required.
Sound like you or someone you know?
If so, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Darren Holmes at Vector Recruitment Ltd on (phone number removed) or (url removed)