Technical Product Engineer
Location: Salford's, surrey
Our client is an industry leader in X-ray detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
Overview of role:
Technical Product advice to our customers and engineers in the field and office on the 920CT & TRS product range. This includes liaison between Engineering, Service, PLM & QA.
- Provide 3rd line product support to both internal and external parties.
- Provide telephone product support where required.
- Provide remote product software support where required.
- Provide product software and networking support across the Product Lines
- Software upgrades/cyber security remediations
- Interface with engineering to resolve technical issues.
- Interface with field service engineers to resolve technical issues.
- Update and distribute troubleshooting guides.
- Create technical bulletins.
- Create work instructions and procedures.
- Create training documentation.
- Conduct technical training courses.
- Liaison with other Departments within the company on service and product related issues.
- Any other departmental ad-hoc duties when required.
- Requirement to be part of an on-call rota which requires out of hours technical support.
- Leading of specialised testing procedures such as image quality testing.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required at short notice.
- Occasional involvement in technical aspects across the Product Lines.
- A Recognised qualification in an Electrical or Electronics discipline.
- Must have experience working within a technical support environment.
- Ability to document technical material and produce precise work instructions.
- Ability to process complex systems and logically work through problems.
- Must be confident to conduct training courses.
- Experience in a field service engineer role an advantage.
- Must be self-motivated and work well under pressure.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong aptitude to learn.
- Flexibility and patience are key.
- Experience with Linux based systems an advantage.
- Experience with PLC systems advantageous but not essential
- Previous technical experience working with X-Ray or scanning products is a major advantage.