We have an exciting opportunity for a technical expert to join our client as a Product Consultant at our client's headoffice in Warrington
As a Product Consultant, you will be required to act as the lead technical resource on various technical projects and various scheduled technical activities. These projects and activities are primarily associated with our client's wide range of products, on-premises, SaaS and Cloud infrastructures. Typical projects/activities include Implementation and Configuration, Proof of Concepts, Health checks, Upgrades, Support, Training, Demonstrations, Pre-Sales Consultancy.
To fulfil the role, we expect you to have a broad and extensive technology background and a proven history of delivering projects to a wide range of customers in a fast-paced environment where you will be dealing with multiple objectives.
This position provides a comprehensive learning and development programme to develop the role holder to become a subject matter expert on our client's products, processes, and strategies.
For those wanting to innovate and contribute to Product Development, this would be encouraged for current products (those aligned to ITAM/SAM, ITOM), as well as the newer products that are aligned to SaaS and Cloud, resulting in being a product champion.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Consultant keen to learn new skills and expand your technical expertise into customers across many sectors. Make a mark and be part of an ambitious and growing team delivering innovative products and services.
• Managing end-to-end implementations of the client's wide range of products from initial profile assessment to solution design, implementation, training, customer handover and support.
• Consulting with customers to help them understand what is required for successful deployment of products.
• Day-to-day running of multiple assignments, both remotely and on-site.
• Ensure delivery of project scope within agreed timescales and budgets.
• Identify any risks or issues and ensure they are reported promptly so they can be managed to a resolution.
• Become a subject matter expert on our client's products and contribute to the creation of best practices, documentation, knowledgebase content, testing, R&D and process improvements.
Key Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in a Technical Support or Technical engineer role.
• Exceptional communication skills, written & oral.
• Strong presentation, communication, organisation, multitasking and time management skills.
• Excellent prioritisation skills.
• Excellent understanding of complex IT Infrastructures.
• Strong knowledge of at least one Server architecture (Windows, Linux, Oracle, IBM etc).
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL including administration, installation and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory management including Group Policy.
• Strong knowledge of at least one Virtualisation technology (VMware, Hyper-V etc).
• Basic understanding of networking devices and principles.
• Experience in owning solution deployments throughout their lifecycle.
• The ability to work to deadlines with a high level of attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and passionate in overcoming obstacles to drive resolution.
• Strive to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing", and have a flexible, can-do approach to work.
• A passion for delivering customer excellence and a willingness to go the extra mile.
• Must be able to work proactively and take ownership & responsibility.
• A strong customer-centric approach.
• Proven experience in building strong and professional relationships with key client staff, partners and internal colleagues.
• Ability to create technical documentation such as solutions designs and network diagrams.
• Solid problem-solving and consultative skills.
• Experience of Cloud (AWS, AZURE, GCP, ORACLE).
• SQL experience including complex queries & SQL scripting.
• Good understanding of IT Security principles.
• Scripting experience in PowerShell, Bash, or python.
• Previous experience working for a software developer.
• Previous experience in software delivery and/or delivering project services to multi-client environments.
• Previous experience deploying or supporting ITAM or SAM Solutions.
• Appreciation of Apple Mac, Linux and Unix operating systems.
• International Travel helping Customers and Colleagues in EMEA, North America and APAC.
Salary is negotiable
Horizon Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and is an equal opportunities employer.