Technical Officer - Pest Control
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp ongoing
Salary: 16.84 per hour
A Technical Officer - Pest Control is required, working for a local social housing contractor. The role will involve carrying out responsive pest control service for residential and commercial premises within the borough.
What does a Technical Officer - Pest Control role entail:
- To carry out responsibilities and statutory duties of the Council under delegated authority as assigned
- Attend Court, Public Inquiries etc to give evidence on behalf of the council where necessary
- Participate fully in the professional and technical activities of the team, including inspection of premises, surveys, investigations and treatments as necessary. Be responsible for the safe keeping and maintenance of all allocated plant. equipment and materials.
- Collect and dispose of clinical waste, including indiscriminately discarded sharps as required.
- Maintain written records of all work carried out. Prepare routine correspondence and reports as required.
- Ensure that all pest control procedures are carried out safely, and that customers are informed of the safety procedures accordingly.
- To advise the public on methods of pest prevention proofing and basic hygiene, having due regard to public sensitivity about pests
- Provide customers with estimates of the cost of chargeable services.
- Ensure that the correct fees are received, and receipts issued for chargeable services.
- Assist with publicising all Pest Control & Allied services. Assist in the provision of lectures and talks, and outreach services to community groups
- Ensure technical standards are maintained. Keep up to date with new developments in all relevant areas. Recommend changes to service provision to meet emerging needs
- Undertake all works in accordance with the established Quality Management system
- to maintain accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001:2001.
- Assist with the development of work programmes and projects, including initiatives to
- meet new priorities and service objectives.
- Attend and participate in meetings regarding the service as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of Health & Safety standards, and the required monitoring of
- the control of substances hazardous to health regulations
- Undertake training and attend seminars in the area of pest control and allied services as
- Undertake the duties of the post with due regard to the sensitive nature of the services
- Participate fully in the services response to urgent/emergency calls. Including responding to calls outside normal working hours.
Requirements for the Technical Officer - Pest Control role:
- Must hold a recognised Pest Control qualification or have relevant experience in the field
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Must hold full UK Driving License.
- Good practical experience and understanding of pest control operations and methodology.
- Experience of dealing with the public in a diverse cultural environment
- Detailed knowledge of public health and nuisance pest species, their habitat, biology, significance and measures used for their control.
- Detailed knowledge of Health and safety and other relevant legislation
Benefits of the Technical Officer - Pest Control Role:
- Van and fuel card supplied
Daniel Owen is an established recruitment consultancy specialising in the placement of quality temporary and permanent workers to all roles in the Built Environment. Working with some of the UK's largest and most respected construction, maintenance, and engineering companies.
If you are interested in hearing more about the Technical Officer - Pest Control role please call our London Property Services desk and ask for Jade.