You will like
Managing embedded & power division at Wokingham office with for an innovative engineering technology company renowned for solving challenging problems for blue-chip clients in the renewable energy, security, medical, transportation, aerospace and defence industries,
You will like
The Technical Manager embedded & power job itself where you will be responsible for running the embedded & power division and supervising production, testing and field engineering personnel. More specifically:
- Design in of franchised and approved third party products to provide solutions to meet customers and Company requirements.
- Resolution of all levels of pre and post sales technical enquiries.
- Support the Sales team with technical sales (Design in s) both at the customers site and remotely by phone/e-mail.
- Sourcing and qualification of 3d party products to meet Company and customer requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of build and test documentation to ensure traceability, repeatability and compliance with build sheets and our QMS systems.
- Creation of technical / procurement specification for third party designers / manufacturers.
- Creation and Maintenance of customers documentation, user manuals, FAT, FAI etc.
- Prototype manufacturing/integration of Franchised, 3d party and custom products.
- Installation of OS and application software as required.
- Managing production workflow, ensuring targets are met.
- Advising Product Managers on the value add production and design capabilities.
- Supervising of EMC testing and managing all aspects of the in-house test facility.
- Generating wiring schedules, test specification and reports.
- Establishing and maintaining suitable test control practices and procedures.
- Design and documentation of in-house test equipment.
- Repair and/or modification of products / systems to meet the required specification.
- Identify and assist in sourcing the right components for projects taking into consideration cost, lead times, etc.
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained at all times in accordance with the Company QMS procedures.
- Promptly notifying the relevant Internal or External parties of any anomalies, changes or problems which are identified.
- Implementing corrective and/or preventative actions if errors or problems are identified.
- Preparation of statistics, trends, and other reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring that all activities/tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensuring timely and thorough completion of documentation.
You will have
To be successful as Technical Manager embedded & power, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Science / Engineering / Electronics Degree or equivalent experience.
- Broad experience in electronics design, manufacture and test.
- Experience in high level system design
- Knowledge and understanding of:-
- CAD Schematic Capture.
- Civilian and military standards for Safety, EMC, environmental etc.
- EMC and Environmental testing.
- Embedded boards, power supplies, fault finding and repairs
- Quality standards and the need to adhere to these.
- Electronic products in the marketplace.
- Windows, Linux and real time operating systems.
- Design of chassis / mechanical assembly.
- Designing for EMC
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to organise workload with good attention to detail
- Able to manage staff, projects, time and tasks efficiently
- Good verbal and written communications
You will get
As Technical Manager, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £60K-£80K+ Bonus + Package.
Package includes company car, performance-related bonus, pension, life assurance, income protection, laptop, mobile phone.
You can apply
To Technical Manager by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to (url removed)