Outstanding opportunity to join a market leading added value food business as Technical Manager. Reporting into the Head of Operations and Technical, you will ensure the supply chain meets retailer requirements and maintain all web based audit programmes, such as food experts, muddy boots, authenticate, sedex, and ensure theyare up to date and accurate.
As market leaders in their chosen categories, your new employer has a reputation for high standards and quality outputs - clearly you will be key in maintaining and where possible, setting even higher standards. As Technical Manager you will ensure that:
- Supplier auditing is delivered in full, in line with risk assessments and KPIs, and robustly reported including ethical and food safety.
- Robust food safety systems and procedures are implemented both internally and throughout the grower supply chain.
- Continuous Improvement plans are developed with supplier's scorecards, and PAS suppliers meet retailer requirements.
- Excellent relationships are developed with technical teams across the global supply base to develop robust responses to supply issues.
- The technical team are fully integrated in the core business decisions, support with key retailer visits and be the trusted go to for the retailer technical teams to resolve any issues.
Due to the technical nature of the role, previous experience in agri-food or related industries are key, as is a degree qualification in a relevant subject.
You will be managing a team - so previous leadership experience is a must, the team need to feel engaged, expert and appreciated. You will identify any skills gaps and provide relevant training to build capability and succession.
You must enjoy being customer facing, and working with the business and retailers to build commercially sensible, quality focused solutions. You will get hands on with the data, be relied upon for your analytical skills and ability to create and share insight.
We are looking for a pragmatic and practical approach with first class stakeholder management skills. It is key that you understand how to embed technical into business as usual, as ally to the commercial and operations teams, and as critical friend to the senior leadership team.
Salary will be offered according to experience, and generous benefits include:
- 25 days holiday
- 10% discretionary bonus
- 6% Company Pension