Shepton Mallet Area
Our client is an award-winning manufacturer of Food products going through a period of sustained growth. This role will involve managing a team of 3 and will focus heavily on Food Safety Management leading the QA function, Technical Compliance and Quality Systems within a Continuous Improvement Culture.
Technical Manager Key Responsibilities:
- To motivate and develop the QA team, leading by example and providing ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- To support the technical standards across the site concerning quality, legality, and food safety and ensure these are aligned with the needs of interested parties including external customers and regulatory bodies.
- Developing and instilling a culture of continuous improvement, proactively looking for more effective ways of working.
- Maintain and develop the site Quality Management System.
- To maintain Food Safety Management through HACCP
- To manage and update the site TACCP/VACCP
- To risk assess and authorise concessions / minor change / investigation documentation
- To develop/maintain/update the technical library for site product and processes.
- To oversee and communicate horizon scanning for the business.
- To manage the technical aspects and compliance of the site Effluent Treatment System.
- To deputise for the Head of Technical.
- Working within all company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Authenticity, Legality and Quality Standards.
- To carry out any other work or task determined to be within your level of competence, to meet the needs of the business.
Technical Manager Skills / Experience Required:
- Qualified to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject.
Level 3 Award or equivalent in Food Safety and HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
- A Food Science / Lab accreditation
Salary & Benefits
- A competitive salary DOE
- Holiday entitlement 29 days per annum (including Public & Bank Holidays in England & Wales)
- Pension 5% Employee/5% Employer contribution
- Life Assurance 2 x annual salary (after completion of 3 months service)
- Private Medical Insurance for Employee Only (dependents may be covered and is payable by the employee)
- Bike to Work Scheme Uncapped
- Employees can purchase company products at wholesale
- On site parking
If the role is of interest, then please send your CV today
This role is commutable from Frome, Trowbridge, Salisbury, Wells, Wincanton, Shepton Mallet, Yeovil, Dorchester
Key word search - Technical Manager, Group Technical Manager, Senior Technical Manager