A long established manufacturer of household and consumer chemicals is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to their team based in Greater Manchester.
Joining a small technical team to be responsible for 1 development chemist, the successful applicant will come from an experienced/senior development chemistry background or already be within the role of technical or R&D Manager. You will bring with you experience from the cosmetics, homecare or consumer chemicals markets with knowledge of relevant formulations and regulations.
- Leadership and management of the company R&D programs including new & existing formulation development projects for consumer household cleaning products. Keeping up to date with the latest trends and innovations of the industry and the ability to identify areas of improvement in both product formulation, new product innovation & factory production processes.
- Responsibility for the legal compliance of all products and product labelling within both the UK and international markets.
- Overseeing QC of lab and production batches and ensure all QC systems are maintained.
- Assisting production teams when any issues arise in batch manufacture. Manage & maintain formulation specifications/records for production. Source and evaluate alternative chemicals for reformulation of products when necessary.
- Management of all chemical raw materials used on site. Management & development of the COSHH process and areas relating to Chemical Safety on site. Investigation of Non-conformities internally and liaising with Suppliers on documentation requirements for records.
- Assisting the sales team by providing customer support for any technical enquiries received. Assisting with documentary export requirements as required by the Sales team to support product export.
Skills and experience:
- A degree in a scientific discipline required, preferably Chemistry.
- Experience in a compliance/NPD role within the chemical industry. Experience in formulation development within a lab environment, ideally within consumer product development, specifically detergents preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for existing/new products in different markets. Must have basic understanding of UK & EU chemical regulations as a minimum.