The Technical Manager vacancy is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to develop their career working with a leading manufacturer of construction products. The position offers opportunities for training and career development.
The position would suit an experienced or aspiring Technical / Quality Manager with a strong process and quality-driven skill background acquired within the construction products sector, with a focus upon materials testing and development e.g. any one of the following backgrounds - quarrying, ceramics, concrete, bricks, aggregates, sand, cement, admixtures, asphalt, ready-mix, foundry, materials sciences etc.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for all technical support covering customer, sales, production, and supplier requirements close to the Mansfield area, based between the quarry and laboratory operations. With the position you will manage a small team of Laboratory Technicians, responsible for testing raw materials ensuring they meet British standards.
Within the position of Technical / Quality Manager you will ensure that quality and company standards are met, and develop, implement, and maintain the company management system to ISO9001.
What's on offer for the Technical Manager:
- Salary: Circa 50,000 per annum - potentially negotiable
- Competitive Company pension
- Private healthcare
- Personal development and training opportunities.
Key responsibilities of Technical Manager:
- To implement and maintain the requirements of the Quality Management System ISO9001
- Designing quality standards, procedures and specifications
- Quality Assurance - Producing and Maintaining Company Quality Policy
- Communicating with customers and suppliers to ensure that quality company standards are met
- Carrying out Internal Audits to ISO9001 requirements
- Producing and Maintaining Company Declaration of Performances and UKCA mark
- Maintaining Customer and British standards and implementing changes
- Customer Service, Maintaining and Reviewing Customer Complaint procedures, dealing with complaints and assisting Reps
- Management of the laboratory and four technicians, ensuring the lab equipment is maintained and calibrated
- Testing of customers existing materials and incoming materials to meet company requirements and R&D
- Producing Laboratory Analysis Reports of Customers existing materials
- Producing and Maintaining Company Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets
- Identify and plan actions to address risk and opportunities and non-conformities and corrective action.
What you need to apply for the Technical Manager:
- Experience of testing raw materials utilised within the construction products sector
- Leadership experience within a similar capacity / position - to coach and mentor an existing team
- Knowledge of internal and external audit processes in line with ISO requirements and standards, e.g. ISO9001
- Strong analytical skills
If of interest, please apply now!