Technical Manager - Coatings £Competitive +Bonus + Benefits
An experienced technical manager field of coatings is urgently required to execute the technical coatings strategy for a global organisation. The technical coatings manager would support the implementation of the growth plans specifically in the coatings field where direct technical support to customers and necessary internal contacts is required. As a technical coatings expert you would cover UK / Ireland and France.
- Provide direct technical support in coatings to clients/ customers and handle customer enquiries for the Industry Segment product line covering aspects such as product specification, design issues and complaints.
- Participate and influence new product development decisions for the Industry Segment, liaising with internal technical teams and providing expert advice on future applications.
- Keep abreast of market developments in coatings and competitive products, through internal and external sources, relating to how products perform, can be applied or tested and assess how this can be used to add value to the business
- Serve as technical and applications expert, providing greater understanding of the Industry Segment products via in depth training, within the company and to Distributors.
- Develop guidelines and formulations for target segments and applications and give customers appropriate guidance for the use of our Product Range.
- Maintain contact with existing and prospective customers, either independently or together with the sales team, using all communication channels. Support the current business, understand customer needs, identity and progress opportunities to expand the use of the entire product range.
- Ensure with cooperation between Quality, Sales, Application Laboratories and Operations that customer complaints are handled effectively and to the satisfaction of the customer and ensure effective communication of the outcome
- Ensure SHE compliance in line with relevant internal SHE regulations and all other legal and corporate standards
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSc/ MSc/ PhD in Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Materials chemistry Organic Chemistry, Polymer chemistry of related field
- Technical background - significant experience in coatings
- Must be customer / client focussed
- Must be a fluent French speaker
- Benefits - Competitive salary and they offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Strong Pension Scheme.
- A remote role but would have to frequent the UK South East office on occasion.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson