DWP. Digital with purpose.
- Are you a highly experienced technical leader with a passion for driving innovation?
- Can you navigate the redev, replatforming and maintenance of complex, legacy COBOL-based applications?
- Are you a strategic thinking with the ability to convey complex ideas and plans to both stakeholders and technical teams?
DWP Digital is transforming the way government works. We're hiring the best digital talent to work in agile, multidisciplinary teams and deliver better public products and services.
We're looking for talented a Senior Technical Lead to manage high-performing technical teams, develop robust strategies and drive the redev, maintenance, and replatforming of COBOL-based applications.
If you want to be part of our expert community, and help transform government services for millions of users, click apply now to start an application.
Delivering World-Class Products
As a Senior Technical Lead, you will:
- Use your technical expertise in multiple domains to develop technical product roadmaps and manage product lifecycles.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the Batch Framework team and across the wider team.
- Design and review, both functionally and architecturally, the processes we use.
- Identify service improvement opportunities and take these through to implementation.
- Support new initiatives and concepts, leading on the feasibility and design work with a Lead Architect to drive through the architectural design and development.
- Lead and support solutions through governance process, e.g., Design Authority.
- Provide expertise to (potential) consumers of our services, including Transformation Projects
- Develop the capability of the wider team.
- Bridge the gap between different teams, for example Architecture, Software Engineering, Delivery Management and Product Support to build shared understanding and direction.
Your essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience and expertise in designing and building batch frameworks including a strong working knowledge of Autosys tooling.
- Sound working knowledge and experience of COBOL/Micro Focus COBOL and open-source technologies such as Python, C, C++ and REACT.
- Experience of delivering feasibility studies and proof of concepts, presenting well documented findings in a clear and precise manner to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in leading high performing teams, developing batch strategies across a large organisation.
- Experience of developing and mentoring junior staff to increase their capability and confidence.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll be based in your choice of one of our brilliant digital hubs in Manchester, Blackpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield, whichever is most convenient for you.
We also have all the tools and tech to work flexibly. We operate a hybrid working model, with some time at home and some time in the office.
We offer competitive pay of up to 89,995 per annum.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.9% - 30.3%, worth up to 23,555 a year.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, rising to 31 over time.
Plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take up to 3 extra days off a month on flexi leave.
We have a benefits package built around your work-life balance, which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities
Click 'Apply' for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs .