Avanti Recruitment is currently working with a bank that is part of a 1Bn organization. The company is looking to make a number of hires and is now looking for a Kotlin or Java Technical Lead for their office based in London. This role is hybrid and will require you in the office 2 days per week.
You will find yourself leading a brand new team consisting of 3 direct reports, this will be a Senior Developer, a Mid-Level Developer, and SDET. You will be working on the product line & 3rd party integrations. This work will include savings accounts, currency exchange, and financial reporting.
They are looking to build out an entire team here in London, due to the rapid growth of the company's presence in the UK. You will have plenty of opportunities to work with Greenfield projects, and have lots of career progression opportunities.
On a daily basis, you will find yourself working as the people manager for your team, helping with 1-2-1 meetings, coaching, developing, career growth plans, and reviews. You will be technically involved across the full software development life-cycle including being involved in architecture and design discussions. You will be working with the latest technologies and joining a company that encourages new suggestions. The team runs on 2-week sprints following Agile.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of software solutions, focusing on 3rd party integrations.
- Use Kotlin or Java for back-end development, ensuring the creation of secure, reliable, and scalable applications.
- Utilise AWS services to host and scale applications, incorporating best practices in DevOps methodologies.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and guide team members to foster their development and enhance performance. Develop a strong team by encouraging continuous learning and promoting a culture of knowledge sharing.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality software by implementing robust testing, debugging, and validation practices.
Some of the technologies used in the company: Java, Kotlin, Spring, Springboot, Microservices, Maven, Gitlab, AWS, CI/CD.
The company believes in helping develop their team's careers and will help with personal development from internal mentoring to external training and huge career growth opportunities.
Joining this company will have the feel of joining a start-up company, without the financial risk.
- Strong experience in either Kotlin or Java
- Proficient in AWS or similar, and DevOps methodologies
- Design and developing APIs and 3rd party integrations
- Kafka or similar MQ systems
- Leadership experience with a focus on mentoring and development of team members
- Financial experience
The salary on offer is up to 120,000 (DOE), if you are interested in this position then click Apply Now!.