My client specialises in aluminium and steel fabrications, manufacturing a wide range of products the construction industry.
They're seeking an experienced estimator to join their team to help them sell our products and services due to a recent retirement.
- Prepare cost estimates for new contracts by calculating the manufacturing costs.
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company.
- Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client.
- Manage multiple projects at any one time, ensuring each reaches the client by their deadline.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Undertake general office duties, answer the telephone, filing and attending meetings as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the industry.
- Ability to understand architectural drawings (including the difference between a plan, elevation, section) and manufacturing drawings.
- Formulate what needs to be manufactured and be able to draw a sketch of what is required.
- Understanding of the differences between different materials and gauges ensuring the correct material and grades are identified and used.
- Understanding machine capabilities and time taken for each activity.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to complete mathematical calculations such as percentage, trigonometry etc.
- Academic/Technical qualifications with a minimum of English GCSE Grade C/5 and Maths GCSE Grade B/6.
- 25 days Holiday plus plus Bank Holidays
- Casual Dress
- Free tea/coffee
- Staff training/development
- Free parking