The Recruitment Co is currently recruiting for a Technical Dyer for our client in Holmfirth on a temporary to permanent basis to start ASAP.
Hourly Rate: £14.32ph You will be required to complete a minimum of 4 weeks of training before weekend shift commences. This will be completed on an existing shift pattern Monday-Friday 6am-2pm/2pm-10pm Working hours for when weekend commences are:Friday to Sunday 6am - 6pm Duties:
- Working with the Dye house manager you are responsible for Achievement of the Dye Plan on Winches and Jet Dyeing.
- Responsible for shade matching of products and ensuring compliance of the shade of fabric to a set standard before leaving site.
- Responsible for recipe preparation of dyed products, ensuring the correct dyes and Chemicals are used in the correct sequence during the dyeing Process.
- Responsible for setting the dye programs ensuring that dye profiles which include Rate of rise, dwell time, etc are correctly applied on all equipment
- Responsible for evaluation of all reworks including physical evaluation of the fault type, identification of the correct remedial action and initiation of the procedure to implement remedial actions.
- Responsibilities for colour/shade matching, recipe alteration and communication of shade and recipe information to supporting personnel within the colour weighing and dyeing environments.
- To maintain robust Quality control, Environmental, Health and Safety and Compliance systems supported by continuous improvement within the dyeing operation.
- To support Quality, Product Development, systems and Group Health and Safety management when setting the performance specifications for new products and processes.
- Communicating deviations and advise on any improvements that may be required to ensure that all developments, products and processes comply to agreed specifications
- To manage costs within the Dyehouse ensuring the budget is controlled and maintained.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of control plans that enable efficient process control whilst capturing relevant data to ensure compliance.
- To maintain product integrity at the highest standard by regularly auditing internal processes to ensure repeatability and reproducibility.
- Mathematics and Numeracy Skills - Essential
- Good Man Management Skills
- Good Knowledge of the Textile industry
- Colour Management and Colour Matching
- Experience as a Technical Dyer
- An ability to see differences in shade: Your colour vision may be tested.
- A professional Qualification such as Chartered Colourist would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
- Must work as part of a team.
- An interest in chemistry or colour physics.
- To be a well-organised person as your workload could be varied.
- Problem-solving skills.
- To be able to lead and organise others.
- You may be working with materials that can cause irritation. This aspect of the work needs to be considered by people with certain skin conditions or those that have breathing difficulties.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.