Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, and UK military aircraft such as the Eurofighter Typhoon. Gloucester is home to the UK division and has been a leader of cutting edge landing gear technology for over 90 years, since the innovative designs of Sir George Dowty. YOU can be a part of our legacy.
What will I be doing?
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Customer Support and Services department reporting to the Senior Technical Publication Manager (STPM).
The Technical Data Manager (TDM) will be responsible for a team in Gloucester to ensure SLS are delivering in-service Landing Gear maintenance documentation including Component Maintenance Manual (CMM), Service Bulletins (SBs), and SLs (Service Letters).
You and your team will be the point of contact for the aircraft manufacturers, MROs and Customers, both internal and external, regarding all Technical Data requirements for the defined programs.
- You will ensure all Airframer requirements (Civil and Military) are delivered on time in support of Entry into Service (EIS) for both new programs and modifications.
- You will need to work closely with the Program Directors / Product Support Managers (PSM) to ensure the priorities are aligned within the agreed budgets.
- Manage the Technical Data aspects of reviews with Aircraft manufacturers and applicable suppliers (UK and India) as required through the program activity.
- National and international travel may be required to Airframers, both external / internal SLS MROs and internal cross-site program reviews.
- Evaluate performance feedback on the quality control of suppliers and take corrective action where required.
- You will work closely with the STPM providing weekly and monthly reviews
- You will manage closely budgets and report monthly status
- You will be required to support annual audits as required .
- Responsible for team development through the annual review process, career coaching and allocation of resources to match individual development requirements and business need.
- Act as a champion for Lean-Sigma and other projects and harmonisation activities impacting the Technical Data team/stakeholders.
What we will give you?
- Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
- 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy/sell annual leave
- Annual bonus & Share scheme options
- Pension scheme (up to 8% match) and life assurance (4x salary)
- Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities
- Our Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology & retail savings, access to healthcare & wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
- Global and local career progression opportunities and training & development programmes
- STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
- Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs.
Safran was ranked globally as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Our employees are at the heart of our success and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
- We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business
- We develop our colleagues skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future
- We create a trustworthy work place to support you, as you dare to act and innovate
- We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues.
What do you need from me?
- College / Technical Diploma / Technical/Engineering Degree or related discipline or relevant experience.
- Solid Leadership, Interpersonal Skills and are considered as a team player
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment across multiple stakeholder groups
- Computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office products
- Experience in Aviation Technical Data / Documentation.
- Experience within a production, assembly or engineering environment.
- French Language
What's my next step?
Please apply by uploading a CV, and if your experience matches what we're looking for, one of our recruitment team will give you a call.
Diversity & Inclusion
We want Safran Landing Systems to be a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and know they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks.
We're committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Safran Landing Systems an inclusive place to work.
'Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check.'