We're a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK and our purpose is to make every day. We're a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing around 13,600 colleagues across 16 manufacturing units and 17 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK's food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals, and in FY23, we generated revenues of 1.9bn. Our vast direct-to-store (DTS) distribution network, comprising of 17 depots nationwide, enables us to make over 10,400 daily deliveries of our own chilled and frozen produce and that of third parties.
Here at Atherstone, we have a team of around 550 colleagues. We produce sandwiches, wraps, rolls, bircher pots and toasties for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Starbucks, Aldi, Cafe Nero and the Munch brand sold in WH Smith travel outlets. What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Technical Compliance Manager to join our Atherstone site (working Mon-Fri) in order to support the technical services function, quality systems, procedures and policies within the manufacturing unit ensuring finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
Main duties will include:
What we're looking for
- Develop the internal audit system to ensure that the site delivers in alignment with legal and customer requirements.
- Investigations into audit non-compliance to discover root cause.
- Support the sites audit preparation for 2nd and 3rd party audits
- Develop the retailer policy review process to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Accurate preparation of key technical food safety and quality information.
- Data based recommendations taken to governance meetings
- Relevant conclusions drawn from analysis
- Complete internal audits as part of the internal Audit Team to ensure that site is audit ready at all times
- Audit completed to latest protocol standards
We're not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Food related degree or equivalent
- Food Hygiene level 3 or equivalent
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety
- Microbiological Training Level 3
- Basic allergen awareness and practical knowledge of the management of allergens
- Experience of a customer facing role
- Internal audit and Quality Management System experience
- Delivery of BRC certification or equivalent certification standards
- Using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving
- Knowledge of food legislation
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success. What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.