Compliance & Sustainability Assistant
Formed over 40 years ago, our client has grown to become a market leader in the sourcing, production, and distribution of fresh produce to some of the UK's leading retailers. They pride ourselves on the way they do business and understand that they are successful because of their people. As such we are looking for a superstar Compliance & Sustainability Assistant based in, Kent, working full-time. The candidate will work on and take ownership of technical compliance across a wide range of products and geographies, working with commercial procurement, technical managers and global suppliers coordinate due diligence to ensure all products sourced are safe and legal.
- Ensure supplier compliance with all ethical, food safety and environmental policies across the supply chain including approving suppliers, packhouses and growers.
- Liaise with suppliers to collate accurate information and file the records on internal and customer due diligence platforms.
- Monitor Due Diligence throughout the supply period.
- Manage chemical risk assessments and routine surveillance testing including approving testing results for compliance to UK and EU legislation.
- Perform supplier recall and traceability exercises
- Maintain and update approved supplier lists (Internal and customers)
- Collate, review and trend supplier environmental data relating to Food waste, Carbon Emissions, Water and Sustainable Farming certification.
Key skills and experience
- Educated to university degree level.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with stakeholders across all levels and disciplines.
- Experience within fresh produce.
- Good attention to details.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic, deadline focussed.