Are you looking for a rewarding role with a forward-thinking and independently owned company?
Does career progression place high in your list of priorities?
Take your career to the next step by joining a well-established company with a proven track record in the delivery of residential and mixed use schemes throughout the east of England. They have asked us to help them find a Technical Co-ordinator to join them at their offices in Bury St Edmunds.
Reporting to the Planning Director the successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate all technical matters from site appraisal and feasibility to the point of disposal or build.
- Undertake appraisals on sites being considered for promotion/acquisition to inform all constraints and opportunities to development,
- Compile a full suite of surveys e.g. topographical, underground services trace, site investigation, contamination assessment, arboricultural, ecological, archaeological and services enquiries including budget quotes and the costs of any diversions or off-site reinforcement required,
- Assist with fee negotiation and the appointment and management of external consultants and review of their outputs,
- Attend project and design meetings as required,
- Have an active involvement in community engagement exercises. These may involve attendance on Saturdays and/or weekday evenings,
- Maintain project management documentation (e.g. Project database, PI certification, Utilities Tracker, Letters of reliance as required) and assist with collating documentation for upload to a data room used to market sites,
- Assist with the discharging of any planning conditions which are considered to add value or remove uncertainty from the disposal process,
- Prepare constraints, transfer and contract plans along with other drawings in AutoCAD as required,
- Assist purchasers with post acquisition and occupation queries.
- A minimum of HNC qualification (Degree preferred) in civil engineering or equivalent,
- A minimum of 3 years' post graduate technical experience,
- Experience of working for consultants, house builders, developers or contractors,
- Full proficiency with AutoCAD
- A good working knowledge of technical matters related to all aspects of mixed-use development and the development process,
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal),
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when required.
They are looking for someone with the experience and capabilities to provide technical input to projects ensuring the most efficient, value engineered and technical solutions are delivered.
In return you will be offered excellent career prospects and benefits package within an ambitious and industry-leading organisation.
For further information please call contact Graham Ventham on (phone number removed) for a confidential chat.