Technical Claims Handler
Location: Colchester ( You do need claims experience for this role ) Fully remote
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000
Contract Type: Permanent / This is a remote work from home role but you will have to complete your training in Colchester. If needed you will be put up in a Hotel for the 3 - 5 day period and get paid for your travel expenses.
TECHNICAL CLAIMS HANDLER
Due to continued expansion we have an opportunity for an Experienced Motor Personal Injury or credit hire, loss adjust or Third party , Repair management Claims Handler to join our dynamic, innovative team.
TECHNICAL CLAIMS HANDLER
Due to continued expansion we have an opportunity for an experienced Motor Personal Injury, Credit hire or loss adjust or Third party , Repair management Claims Handler to join our dynamic, innovative team.
- Reviewing new claims received from the First Notification of Loss Unit to highlight any areas of concern with regard to any potential large losses or cases of concern from a fraud perspective.
- Assessing underwriting records and other relevant documents to complete indemnity enquiries in order to ascertain levels of exposure.
- Thorough liability investigations to place the company in the strongest position to consider any claims presented.
- Negotiating Settlement of personal injury claims on the best possible terms following thorough research of all facts and dissection of medico-legal evidence.
- The selective appointment of external partners including panel solicitors, enquiry agents, engineers and loss adjusters whilst maintaining close control of cases referred on.
- Review and control of cases which have been litigated by claimant representatives to equitable conclusion.
- Maintaining allocated caseload of claims up to £25,000.
- Giving best advice and highest level of customer service.
- General cover on telephones.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of modern claims practice, the Civil Procedure Rules and the MOJ protocols, Indemnity checking procedures, current case law and assessment of personal injury valuation and negotiations. You should demonstrate a pro-active approach to claims settlement and have strong communication, decision making and negotiation skills with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision. All appropriate in house training will be provided to the successful candidate
Salary range would be £23,000 - £28,000 depending on experience.
A bit about you:
Ability to delivering outcomes in a fast-paced environment
Capable to effectively communicate - both written and verbal
Proven experience working as part of a team
Excellent time management and organisational skill
Efficient administrative skills
Competent numeracy, literacy, and IT skills
A proactive attitude, and enthusiastic
Polite and courteous phone manner
What's on Offer:
Full support and training
Access to paid for qualifications including CILA and CII
Internal progression opportunities
Promote agile/ remote working where possible
Free local parking (dependant on location)
Pension - matched contribution of 5%
Life Assurance (2 x basic salary)
Free Headspace membership
Eye test/ glasses vouchers
Cycle To Work Scheme