Our premium brand Automotive client is currently recruiting for the following role: Technical Author - Regulations: 22/hr (Inside IR35) Warwickshire 12 Months (Potential to extend)Division
Vehicle OperationsPosition Description
The Regulatory Requirements Team is responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of new and updated regulations into Product Delivery programmes.
As a Regulatory Requirements Technical Author, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining Engineering Requirements for Global Regulations, as part of a 50+ strong team of regulatory requirement authors, leaders and managers.
You will be expected to know or have the aptitude to learn a selection of Subject Matter Areas, as the team will cover a broad range of regulations including everything from vehicle safety to hazardous materials, from conventional powertrains to emerging new technologies, from software services to data protection and many more.
On a day-to-day basis you will collaborate with the existing Regulations team to identify new & updated regulations that need to be digested, dissected and understood by the client. You will then be responsible for collaborating with different areas of the business to ensure the smooth flow of new or updated engineering requirements into the Traceable Requirement Management (TRM) system & processes.Skills Required
- Ability to research and understand complex documents (e.g. research papers / legislation / regulations / government policies)
- Experience with planning, developing and publishing large reports / thesis / company reports / departmental processes that would allow you to develop and publish business standards for regulatory requirements
- Demonstrable experience of communicating with a range of people across an industry or area of expertise, to work towards a common goalExperience Required
- Interested in and capable of analysing Global Regulations & Regulatory Requirements
- Excellent written communication skills (English), with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of authoring and using regulatory or legal documentation.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
- Relevant degree and/or Proven Experience working with Regulatory or Engineering RequirementsExperience Preferred
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results from a range of physical / remote locations
- A passion for Automotive Emerging Technologies and the future of the industry.
- Automotive / Engineering Commodity Knowledge.
- Experience of working with Regulatory bodies and / or automotive homologation.
- Experience of working with engineering standards / technical documentationAdditional Information
This role is on a contract basis and is Inside IR35.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have a UK passport / valid UK settlement status or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.
Premea is a specialist IT & Engineering recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors.