Role: Technical architect
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
Work Location: Manchester OR Telford (2 days onsite), United Kingdom
A technical architect is responsible for the design and building of technical architecture.
At this role level, you will:
undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this analysis into technical designs that describe a solution.
be consulted about design and provide design patterns.
identify deeper issues that need fixing.
look for opportunities to collaborate and reuse components, communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Communicating between the technical and non-technical (technical architect)
- speak on behalf of technical teams and facilitate relationships with indirect stakeholders
Governance and assurance
- understand how governance works and what governance is required.
- take responsibility for the assurance of a service and know what risks need to be managed
Making and guiding decisions
- make decisions characterised by managed levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase.
- resolve technical disputes between wider peers and indirect stakeholders, considering all views and opinions
- apply strategy, using and challenging patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps, and vision statements.
- provide guidance
Turning business problems into technical design
- design systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business and technical complexity, and meaningful impact.
- work with well understood technology and identify appropriate patterns
Understanding the whole context
- understand trends and practices outside your team and how these will impact your work.
- see how your work fits into the broader strategy and historical context.
- consider the patterns and interactions on a larger scale