SGS Aberdeen are currently looking for a Technical Admin Assistant to join their Industries & Environment, Measuring & Calibration (M&C) Services to start ASAP
Temp to perm
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm Main Purpose of Role
- To provide a range of administrative support activities to assist in the smooth operation of an increasingly busy M&C department.
- To assist with the timely and efficient service delivery of all aspects relating to the operations team within the global measurement and instrumentation department.
- To assist with project coordination, to ensure in principal that the same operates within budget and that invoicing protocols are adhered to.
Current Challenges & Opportunities
- Preparation of departmental correspondence including but not limited to enquiry files, job files and project filing utilising company templates to ensuring compliance with company QA systems.
- Ensure accurate and auditable systems of work are implemented at all times, essential in service/ contract delivery.
- Provide commercial support to department, and to the Global Administrator when required, to enhance departmental operation / performance, covering both jobs during absences.
- Assist with the department personnel s travel, accommodation, and visas to ensure contract delivery.
- Fully utilise and update management and reporting systems including Boss, Purchase Orders, project trackers and Debtors Database to monitor working capital i.e. revenue, work in progress, unbilled revenue and bad debts.
- Timely and accurate issuance of client and internal invoices compliant with company guidelines and client specific protocols to ensure payment and bad debt reduction.
- Assist with departmental financial figures at month end prior to issuance to company Finance Department.
- Monitor client call offs and rechargeable spreadsheets to ensure manpower and revenue optimisation.
- Always adopt a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and clients, in line with the Company s policies and procedures.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct, and at all times adopt behaviour in accordance with SGS UK s Equality & Diversity policy.
- To assist with the development and implementation of a generic documentation and budgetary tracking system for department projects and contracts.
- Assist in delivery of department Metering Management Projects.
- Fully adopt and adhere to SGS internal systems including but not limited to BOSS, Debtors Database, Purchase Orders and month end financial submission.
- Demonstrate ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
Skills & Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Commercial Orientation
- Building Relationships
- Must be extremely computer literate in use of MS Office packages, (Excel, Word) & Adobe.
- Demonstrate an ability to administer / deliver engineering contracts.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to deal with complex invoicing also an awareness and understanding of financial and commercial impact if processes not followed.
- Effective interpersonal, teamworking and organisational skills, confidence in dealing with international affiliates.
- Manage multi-workloads efficiently
- Demonstrate written and oral language skills in English and others namely, French, German,
Russian, Polish or Arabic if possible.
- Communication and interpersonnel skills at all levels.
- Data collation and interpretation.
- Knowledge of engineering measurement services.
- 5-10 years experience within a service company (preferably Oil & Gas) in a contracts / administrative / PA role.
- Delivery of varied service contracts within the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of project planning and scheduling.
- Use of procurement, purchase order and invoicing systems.
- Experience of assisting in tender / bid submission for projects / contracts.
- Formal/ recognised qualification in Administration.
- Formal/ recognised qualification in computing software packages.
- Current UK driving licence.
- Degree/ HND in Engineering or Business related subject.
- Timely and accurate submission of invoices measured against returns, credits and bad debts.
- Reduction in bad debts measured against debtors database, target no debts greater than 60 days.
- Timely monitoring and delivery of month end financial figures for review and approval by line manager determined by SGS Finance Department Schedules.
- Adherence to client specific project / contract KPI s specifically contractual delivery of services measured against expenditure vs budget.
- Ensure maximum departmental rechargeability measured by expenditure against revenue, evidenced by monthly P&L.
We would love to hear from you!