Are you someone who is enthusiastic about Specification Sales, Customer Satisfaction and developing your customer base
At Weber we are looking for a Specifications Manager to work in our Sales Team, helping to deliver commercial success by driving the direction of the Technical Mortars business through the implementation of robust specification activity with key market influencers enabling Weber to achieve its ambition of specification market leadership through the management of supply chain with key distribution partners
The Specification Manager will be a part of a growing team, interacting with the Regional Sales team in the South of England, the Specification team, newly created Flooring team and the Technical Mortar team of 4 who are responsible for developing the customer specification, Distribution teams and the Technical Mortar team. This is a fantastic opportunity time to join the business as Saint Gobain are investing massively in the Technical Mortar and Flooring business so great career and growth opportunities available at Weber to move your career to the next level
Weber is one of 30+ Saint-Gobain brands. Weber are formulators and manufacturers of building materials for the facade, construction mortars, flooring systems and tile fixing markets, Weber's well established product range includes monocouche renders, external wall insulation systems, tile adhesives/grouts, leveling compounds and specialist construction products
This role is covering the South of England. This is a fully autonomous remote role managing your workload, managing the relationship with key Technical Mortar specification stakeholders, such as Engineering Consultants, National Clients such as Highways, and Rail, Architects, Main Contractors, Specialist sub-contractors & National/ Regional Distributors to maximize market presence as well as communicating and interacting to the wider Weber business including Regional Teams
What we are looking for:
- A strong understanding and awareness of specification sales combined with strong business acumen
- Specification Professional - technical sales / engineering background
- Strong diligence and the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Excellent communication and the ability to influence and manage across a matrix organisation.
- Practical and logical knowledge of construction products and project tender process
What you will be doing:
- Specification sales, generating specifications, dealing with contractors, and working with distributors to get our products to market
- Managing all the commercial aspects of our customers projects, leading and consulting all through the various stages of their development
- Performing CPD to Consulting Engineers, Architects. Structural Engineers, and direct demonstrations to customers
- Proactively uses tenacity and determination in selling alongside technical competence and relationship building to successfully identify opportunities and manage technical mortars specification activity
- Manages the specification activity for Technical Mortars within the territory through a combination of project targeting using lead generating software and framework agreements and reversing into specification to provide a strong project pipeline
Are Weber and Saint-Gobain inclusive employers?
Saint-Gobain is the worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction improving daily life through high-performance solutions. From wherever you are, let your unique personality and our values guide you every day to invent a more sustainable world.
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing. At Saint-Gobain, we are always open to new ways of working. Everyone has unique needs and commitments. We will happily discuss any need you might have for this role: flexible hours, job-sharing, part-time working, or anything else that matters to you. We cannot promise to meet every request when we are recruiting. But we do promise to listen.
If you match our criteria, we will be in touch to discuss your experience and more about you as a person, we look forward to hearing from you!