Solar PV Technical Manager required. This is an exciting opportunity to join a business who are making headway in the UK Solar Market. You will be helping to build the UK's next market leader in Residential Solar.
As a Technical Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of residential solar installations through their installation partners. You will drive installation standards, develop new quality assurance processes and provide technical expertise to the rest of the team. You'll be spending some of your time on site conducting quality assurance checks and they'll also be opportunities to get stuck in with your tools if it is something you want to do.
Solar PV Technical Manager Position Overview
- Be a subject matter expert on solar and battery storage installation, reviewing and signing off solar designs and answering challenging technical queries from the sales team.
- Manage large and diverse range of installation partners to deliver a great experience for both partners and customers (higher availability, faster speeds, etc.).
- Ensure that installations are completed in line with MCS regulations as well as their own stringent internal quality standards (they will provide ongoing training and may require some onsite work).
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to design and build tools to assist with the surveying and installation of solar PV and battery storage.
- Ensure that their internal quality management systems are kept accurate and up to date.
- Be willing to travel to installations within your region as required (not the majority of the job) and occasionally to London (HQ) for workshops, team events, planning exercises, etc.
Solar PV Technical Manager Position Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical experience
- Experience in Solar PV installations and Battery Installations
- NVQ Level 3, AM2 and 18th edition electrical qualifications (or equivalent)
- Inspection and testing qualifications (City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/5 or equivalent)
Desirable (upskill training can be offered)
- Field Manager experience
- Residential solar PV experience
- Excellent knowledge of MCS regulations and certification
- Experience with solar design software (e.g. one of OpenSolar, PVSol, PVSyst, etc)
- 2399-13, LCL SPV-3 or equivalent (e.g. BPEC)
- HV/AP 15 - SAP, or equivalent
Solar PV Technical Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary: 40,000 - 55,000, including equity in the business
- Working hours: 9am- 6pm flexible
- Share scheme
- Holiday Package: 25 days + 8BH
- Car Allowance and Travel Paid
- Training provided
- Private healthcare and monthly wellbeing benefits
- Hybrid position- 2 days in the office, 3 days on site/ at home
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.