Senior Technical Engineer - Site Based (London)
An excellent opportunity to join a leading, enterprise level Security business in a technical site-based role in London.
Key Role Requirements
The Senior Technical Engineer role is an onsite position responsible for the oversight of the security systems across the Bank's UK and EMEA portfolio. The main focus of this role is on maintaining the systems to deliver optimum performance and minimising business impact and service disruptions.
Duties will also include:
- Assisting specialist sub-contractors performing planned/reactive maintenance.
- Working to SLA deliverables around reactive and PPM tasks.
- Be proactive in ensuring the Bank's security systems are operating optimally.
- Carry out detailed fault analysis, investigations, and produce detailed post-incident reports on system and asset failures.
- Ensure that firmware and software upgrades are applied to all security assets.
- Ensure that all security assets are registered on iSac and Tririga. Produce a monthly validation report and implement corrections.
- Support the Bank's IT patching process.
- Carry out a risk assessment on any impact from the application of security and operational patches with a focus of reducing system downtime during the patching window (weekend work).
- Complete asset lifecycle reviews for all security assets and provide recommendations for upgrading to a new version.
- Complete a monthly reactive works report identifying areas of non-compliance.
- Complete a monthly planned preventative maintenance report identifying corrective actions raised and completed, and any areas of non-compliance.
- Ensure that all security assets are accurately represented, correctly labelled, and maintained.
- Ensure that all relevant risk, method statements and supporting documentation for planned and reactive work are completed and checked to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Ensure all relevant documentation including, technical and system design, architectural diagrams, installation procedures and user and technical training manuals are maintained and kept updated. This will be verified by an annual review.
- Assist in developing smart PPM plans for the Bank's risk areas. The focus should be on data analysis and continual improvement.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for technical security and provide analysis, roadmaps, and guidance with a focus on integration, innovation, and continual improvement.
- Arrange and/or conduct product demonstrations, technical training, and participate in workshops to ensure optimal system usage.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Senior Technical Engineer or Systems Engineer role in the corporate environment.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience on CCure 9000 with experience in supporting all aspects of M&E building maintenance / electrical infrastructure services.
- Extensive knowledge of Video Surveillance Systems, CCTV, intruder systems and other security systems.
- Working knowledge of networking and server technology.
- Experience in working to and within electrical AP standard working processes and procedures.
- C-Cure Level 1&2 Qualified Required
- C-Cure Level 3 Qualified Advantage
- Victor VSS System qualified Advantage
- Traka Software trained Advantage
- City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 equivalent. Requirement
- Recognised Networking qualification Advantage
- IOSH Managing Safely. Requirement
- Good report writing skills and presentation demonstrating a structured approach to problem solving and written communication.
- Strong I.T skills (Microsoft application suite - particularly Excel)
- c£50K basic
- Travel to and from site paid for via company credit card
- The working shift pattern is 08.00-16.30 Monday to Friday.