Position Senior Technical Coordinator
Salary 45,000 - 50,000 + package
Industry New Build Housing
My client is a large National House Building Contractor, who specialise in building 2-5 bedroom homes. Due to continued growth into a new region, they are seeking an experienced Technical Coordinator to join their team.
You will be reporting to the Technical Manager, looking after multiple developments throughout the Yorkshire region.
- Ensure all drawings and details are accurate and commercially suitable throughout the construction process.
- Co-ordinate and chair design team meetings with internal and external participants
- Attend and contribute to progress meetings on site as required.
- Co-ordinate the planning process where required and review planning approval to ensure Conditions are addresses prior to start on site.
- Agree construction specification, SAP and bream strategy for the project.
- Coordinate the submission of a Building Control Application and supporting documentation.
- Liaise with consultants and attend meetings to progress all relevant Technical matters.
- Assist Surveying and Buying Team in review and approval of subcontractor design information.
- Ensure accurate and on time design information in line with client requirements.
- Ensure cost effective design control and buildability.
- Maintain a register of current drawings for all new build contracts and issue design information to production teams.
- Review and check contract documentation, warranties, and bond requirements in liaison with Contracts Manager and Surveyor.
- Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and ground remediation.
- Assist the Commercial team to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for any planning and engineering design and technical report requirements.
- Attend site visits and meetings to solve issues that arise during the construction process.
Skills & Qualifications needed:
The successful candidate will be educated to HNC/HND level as a minimum and have experience specific to the house building sector. The role would also suit a candidate with extensive architectural or engineering background looking to move into a project management role.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal departments as well as external consultants.
- Deliver effective support systems and processes driving continuous improvements and value engineering.
- The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in a speedy and effective manner.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A good working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office package and AutoCAD.
Competitive Salary + package (company car/car allowance, bonus, pension etc).
How to apply:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, please apply via the link below or contact Adam De-Ville at Fawkes & Reece on (phone number removed). Alternatively, you can email your CV through to (url removed).