This is an opportunity for a procurement professional to join a great team as they continue to grow, taking responsibility for a diverse range of engineering related Procurement activities. You will have gained Procurement experience within an engineering related manufacturing environment, including sourcing, tender preparation and evaluation, procurement, contract drafting, commercial negotiations and supplier management.
- Prepare and issue RFP, RFQ, tender documentation and evaluate submissions.
- Prepare and issue accurate purchase orders and contract documentation.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with existing and potential new suppliers.
- Negotiate cost reductions and improvements in specifications and delivery lead times.
- Continually assess and evaluate suppliers' performance and undertake reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement initiatives.
- Manage changes to design and/or specification from a Procurement point of view.
- Research market trends and explore alternate suppliers / manufacturers for equipment and materials.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and suppliers to manage complex technical, commercial, and operational requirements and ensure delivery of product.
Skills & Experience:
- Sound knowledge of best practice procurement and contracting procedures, processes, and workflows.
- Experience of managing the procurement of a diverse range of engineering or technically complex products and materials.
- Sourcing and onboarding of new suppliers
- Experienced in working with global suppliers and stakeholder teams.
- Commercially astute, with demonstrated effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and colleagues alike.
- Resilient and self-motivated.
- Capability in data analysis
- Proficient in the use of ERP, and Procurement systems.
Processing Your Data
Bis Henderson Recruitment is a leading provider of recruitment, interim management and consultancy services to the supply chain and logistics industry. Should you respond to this advertisement we may store your CV and contact details and will process this data for recruitment purposes only. Should we process your data, then we will always tell you that we are doing so.