Job Title: Pre - Sales Technical Engineer
Location: Benton, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: Circa 30k - dependant on experience
Job type: Full time / Permanent (Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm)
LamasaTech is a market-leading specialist in kiosks, digital signage and touch screens. We are featured in TechRadar's top interactive kiosk providers 2023 and were crowned winners of the North East England Chamber of Commerce's Export Business of the Year Award and the Innovation Award at the North Tyneside Business Awards in 2022. We serve a range of industries internationally including Retail, Hospitality, Public Sector and Education.
LamasaTech Ltd is looking for a Pre-Sales Technical Engineer to join the team.
The Pre-Sales Technical Engineer will provide sales support, assist with client needs analysis, system design, proposal generation and developing a scope of work for projects.
You will co-ordinate, oversee and project manage installations and maintain strategic relationships with our partners.
You will play a part in the design of innovative products that compete with leading digital display brands for our global customer base and in the development of solutions for exciting projects!
Reporting to the Director, your main responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to product design and improvement.
- Collaborate with the product design team to obtain technical documentation including specifications, set up and installation instructions.
- Create content and instructions for manuals and installation documents where required.
- Assist the sales team in qualifying technical requirements and ensure that all required information is collated and aligned to LamasaTech's solutions.
- Support the sales team with technical information to present solutions as required e.g., sales proposals, bids, tenders and RFPs.
- Determine all costs and service requirements for each opportunity, creating required documentation including Scope of Work, Bill of Materials and Site Surveys as needed.
- Source and cost components for projects and coordinate technical configuration and installation.
- Liaise with the Operations team to determine purchasing requirements, project delivery and installation for clients. Ongoing technical support remains the responsibility of the Pre-Sales Technical Engineer where you have been involved in the original specification.
- Create QC checklists for products at the point of manufacture and sign off on QC prior to shipping.
- Support Marketing with technical project management at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Work alongside Marketing to improve product messaging e.g., identifying USPs.
- Assist Marketing with the creation of product and demo videos.
- Train Sales and Customer Success advisors on software and hardware features and support them with technical escalations.
- Collaborate with our partners and resellers to determine the correct products for their projects. Working alongside the Commercial team on partner pricing.
- Software and hardware testing.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- A confident decision-maker.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Confident with technology, AV hardware and intuitive when learning new software suites.
- Ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Proposal and tender writing experience as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Clean driving licence.
- Able to travel nationally on a regular basis to meet with clients and partners.
- 3+ years working in a technical environment.
- Experience in carrying out AV hardware installations.
- Experience in carrying out training sessions for internal and external customers.
- Experience working with kiosks or digital signage solutions.
Hours and location:
The role is based at our UK office in Benton, a short distance from the centre of Newcastle Upon Tyne. Office work is required for this role and there will be some national travel.
We operate a hybrid working model where 1-2 days a week can be worked from home after full induction is complete. Our standard office hours are 09:00 - 17:30, Monday - Friday.
- Company car
- 22 days paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Additional 'gifted' Christmas shutdown leave
- Pension scheme
- Quarterly social events
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Group Life Insurance (Death in service), mental health support, 24/7 remote GP access and healthy habits app with rewards
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Field Sales, Technical Sales Exec, Technical Sales Coordinator, Technical Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Business Development, Business Developer, Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Technical Business Development may also be considered for this role.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa's at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK.