Head of Technical - Food Manufacturing
80-90k plus package - relocation package available
Great opportunity with a long-standing business known for their brand and reputation in their product sector for a Senior Technical Manager to take that next step in their career. Recent growth through a new customer on top of their successes in recent years with a product that everyone puts in their trolley all through the year. Do you want to be influential within a Site leadership team? Do you want to have a technical role which is both internal and externally facing? This role manages a large technical team across Factory Technical and Technical Services and is fundamental to the success of the site. A great opportunity to spread your wings and develop your wider business knowledge and strategic skill set.
What else is involved?
- Review and build on current technical structures to ensure that the function is ready for 2024 challenges and beyond.
- Identify succession within the team and assist with development plans continuing the excellent progress made already.
- Managing Quality, Technical Systems and Hygiene teams across the site and developing their skill sets.
- Ensure strong technical understanding across the senior management team.
- To be the technical expert for all external and internal audits.
- Driving the site to be always audit ready.
- The main point of contact for technical with the retail customers.
- Leading projects to drive business initiatives forward from a Technical and Process perspective.
- Continuous Improvement project involvement.
- Collaborating closely with the wider technical teams across the Group.
- Being present and visible in the manufacturing facility to ensure that a team ethos is created.
Joining a management team at an important time in terms of development and progress for the site allows for a real development/career enhancing opportunity. This is a busy site and a great time to join to continue the outstanding work already done by the outgoing incumbent. With Technical expertise in other locations and a strong infrastructure above, there is exceptional knowledge to reach out to.
For this Head of Technical role, the following are essential criteria:
- Significant food manufacturing experience as a Site Technical Manager or Head of Technical.
- Solid experience in manufacture for the major UK retailers.
- Demonstrable motivational management.
- A real passion for people and evidence of developing Technical Functions.
- Evidence of leadership and solid team ethics.
- A strong network across the major retailers leading previous technical projects.
Is 2024 the right time to take a new challenge as Head of Technical? Please get in touch with Novus Recruitment for the next steps.
Disclaimer: Novus Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent and interim recruitment within the United Kingdom. As such, we can only consider applications from candidates who currently reside and are eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Once we have received your details, we will be in touch within 7 days if your application has been successful for the role. We appreciate this can be frustrating but due to the sheer volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond to each one individually. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of applying, unfortunately this means your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities - please see below. Novus Recruitment Limited is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation, or age.