New job: Estimator/Technical Manager (Production and Manufacturing) - Northampton
Are you passionate about providing exceptional manufacturing/production technical sales support to drive business success? Join this dynamic team as a Estimator/ Technical Specialist and play a pivotal role in ensuring seamless communication between customers, sales staff, and the company's production team.
- Salary: £28,000-30,000pa
- Quarterly Bonus
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- 2 days working from home
- Company pension scheme
You will be responsible for the estimation and order process, tender exercises and costings, documentation and advising.
Estimation and Order Process:
- Provide general estimates for the Sales Team on all new work.
- Offer quick response rough guide estimates for efficient decision-making.
- Oversee the order process for new work, managing origination, sampling, trials, proofs, and planning folders.
- Create Spec Cards for all new work.
Tender Exercises and Costing:
- Conduct full tender exercises, providing estimates and valuable commercial advice.
- Review costings, alternative materials, and manufacturing methods for each master Spec annually to enhance margins and performance.
- Contact material suppliers for recommendations and samples of new materials.
Documentation and Advising:
- Create product safety data sheets.
- Advise on trials and tests to improve our products for customers.
- Update enquiry specs and amend master specs as needed.
- Proven experience in providing technical support in a sales environment.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver exceptional services aligned with our values and goals.
If you have the skills and experience and would be interested in knowing more please contact Esther Greenwood at Satarah Recruitment Ltd.