Entry Level IT / Telecoms Technical Support Engineer
It's not often that we get asked to fill entry-level roles, but we're delighted to have this one, as we love helping people get their first foot on the IT/Telecoms career ladder.
The role is with a repeat customer of ours, a great little Telecoms business. They have two vacancies in their small team, and are looking for people with the right attitude and aspirations, who they can train up.
Ultimately, you will be trained to be a VoIP Technical Support Engineer. That will mean that you'll develop skills in networking, telecoms and IT.
Here is what the role will involve: -
- Answering customers' queries by phone, email and occasionally in person
- Taking care to understand a customer's issue: whether it's a product enquiry, technical support etc
- Providing first class customer support
- Diagnosing and solving issues with networking, VoIP or IT equipment (once trained)
- Setting up networking equipment, IP phone systems and related IT gear, either remotely or occasionally on customer sites
- Helping to train customers on using their systems and sometimes writing user guides
- Helping with orders, number porting, broadband checks and anything else needed to ensure that customers receive an excellent experience.
The role is based in Hillingdon. You'll be in the office most of the time, especially while you're training. When you're fully up to speed, you'll have the option to work one day per week remotely. There will be the occasional trip to see a customer (not likely to be very far away), either to perform technical support or to help with a project.
Here's what we're looking for in a candidate: -
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong motivation to learn and develop a career in technical support
- Some experience in a customer-facing environment. Doesn't matter where from: could be retail, hospitality, contact centre or wherever.
- You will need a full UK driving licence
- You will need to live within easily commutable distance of the office.