Job Title: Assistant Technical Authority - Electrical
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Up to 48,540, depending on qualifications and experience
What you'll be doing:
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Act as main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Carry out team planning, risk management and ensure quality across all scopes of work
- Carry out technical investigations, and assess/provide recommendations regarding consequences
Your skills and experiences:
- Sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- Experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals within current discipline.
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Provide specialist marine engineering expertise to organise and co-ordinate significant aspects of engineering activity within the business to ensure defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and cost. You will ensure effective application of processes, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements in the following areas, in accordance with relevant standards and best practice, for example, LV Distribution, QPS and Electrical Safety.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 21st Of November
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.